Being drunk helps fighting but you should not try to use your mind. Well, yes, that's for mindless warriors.
You get Intoxication by drinking Alcohols/Liquors/Wines. It goes down by time, but be careful to not drink too much!
You can get bonuses from being drunk, but also downgrades(higher you are, more food you'll need) :
- Dodge chance increases by +5%, chance of Spell Casting failure increases by +3% and you do +10% more damage.
- You feel tougher.
- You can eat spoiled food without negative effects. Your ability to dodge(+5%) and to strike back(+10%) increases. Dusk does not make you sad and you're worse at casting spells(+15%).
- You start to feel a bit warmer at the cost of some sanity.
- Monsters are no longer scary and you are even stronger(+20%). Spells get worse(+18%).
- You can eat monster meat without downsides. Night is a cakewalk and you're even tougher.
- Dodging is easier(+20%) but you start to lose your items.
- Don't even try to cast spells, that'd be pointless.
- You're messed up, you even begin to not feel at all. Stop it, now.
- BAM, you're on the ground. Everything's blurry, all fades away. When you wake up, you see a pigman. Is he a friend?